Crystal Davis is an experienced business management consultant with twenty years of experience in the design, development, and implementation of Lean Business System solutions. She has accumulated extensive domestic and international expertise in the design and implementation of solutions for automotive and healthcare manufacturing, and consumer packaged industries. Crystal has assisted clients in formulating comprehensive business and logistics strategies and in re-engineering distribution and manufacturing operations to reduce costs, improve customer service and drive revenue.
With Crystal’s vast knowledge and experience she has played integral roles on several enterprise-wide Supply Chain Management projects. Crystal has also trained and coached globally in Operational Excellence at various organizational levels. As a teacher, coach and speaker, Crystal uses practical techniques, innovative methods, and Socratic teaching to engage, captivate, and add value to those she encounters.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Director of PPI Lean Enterprise
- Coca-Cola Refreshments, Operational Excellence Manager
- Delphi Automotive Systems, Various Positions
- Guest Lecturer at Utah State University
- The Eco Review Magazine, Lean and Green Sustainability Article
- Green Expo Speaker, Lean and Green
- Lean Panelist, Your Crescendo’s Lean Six Sigma Luncheon
Institute of Industrial Engineers, Atlanta Chapter
PROFESSIONAL HONORS AND AWARDS
- 2004 Model Plant at Delphi’s Supplier Development Conference
- 2004 Supplier Development Engineer of the Year, Delphi
- 2011 Lean Enterprise Institute Summit, Coca-Cola Supply Chain Optimization Project
- 2012 BIG Black Woman Who Rocks! Award, CDC/ATSDR Chapter
- 2013 Pioneer Award Recipient, Atlanta Tuskegee Alumni Club, Incorporated
- 2014 Industry Week Best Plant, Thermo Fisher Scientific, LED Division, Fabrication Material Flow Project
RELEVANT PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Healthcare Supply Chain Distributor
Led an executive Supply Chain leadership team of a $6B enterprise through a 3-year strategy deployment session, in which, the team-developed breakthrough objectives, goals and actions aligned with the corporate strategy and growth targets. (Including inter-division opportunities, IT, total cost and collaborative cross-functional goals.)
Consumer Packaged Goods Beverage Company
Chief architect for supply chain optimization for South Business Unit (17 plants/64 sales centers), delivering $17M savings in working capital and $15M in annual cost savings; reduced scrap 46.5%. Consolidated 12 sales centers and 2 production plants improving operating margins and reduced logistics network costs by $2M, while improving customer service & deliver from 63% to 73%; out of stock service from 98.4% to 98.8%.
Automotive Manufacturing and Supply Chain
Coordinated and implemented the transfer and start up of a new product line with operator work instructions and work stations. Developed quality control and variable service response systems to monitor statistical data related to customer quality issues for continuous improvement methodology projects. Successfully coordinated the team activities with Design, Materials, Operations, and Quality to provide on-time delivery of Prototypes, Low Volume and Service wiring harnesses
Lean Manufacturing Engineering
Successfully implemented lean manufacturing cells in Spain Operations reducing TPCT from 282 to 82 days by performing continuous improvement studies to improve flow, inventory, and racking, ensuring effective project reviews to upper level management.
Trained suppliers engineers in lean fundamentals and application for efficiency improvements. Developed and implemented Advanced Product Quality Planning and Kaizen activities to ensure that resources are obtained as required from Operations, Engineering, Supply Chain, Suppliers and other required functions to fulfill deliverables.
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- The National Association of Professional Women
- Institute of Industrial Engineers, Atlanta Chapter Board Member
- National Black Master of Business Administration Association (NBMBAA)
- Technology Association of Georgia
- Women In Technology
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., Atlanta Chapter Second Vice President
- Beecher Hills Elementary School Foundation Board Member
- Atlanta Business League
- Nate Rufkin Scholarship Board Member
- Society of Manufacturing Engineer
- The Urban League of Greater Atlanta